Thursday, August 23, 2007

Metaphorically Speaking

Lately I haven't felt like writing much. The comics have been fun though, and I enjoy making dumb stuff up in good ol' msPaint. Stuff has been crazy lately for me. Due to some policy issues at work, they had to let me go a month and a half early, which made me jobless as of last Monday. This whole week I've been moving into my new apartment and job hunting. Resumes going every which way, applications are getting filled out, and the employment section on Craigslist.com is my homepage. This sucks.

It's a hurry up and wait sort of thing to begin with. Employers aren't going to just hire someone on the spot - they like options (doesn't everyone.) Essentially, my resume is getting whored out all over Los Angeles, but no calls yet. If it's anything like the application process for my last job, I could be unemployed for at least another week. This sucks.

I had everything planned out. After the two week film shoot from hell, (which was rather fun actually) I planned on coming home to a job - a 40 hour a week job that would give me a means to pay the bills. I should have pressed harder to get my money reimbursed on the spot, instead of waiting until the end of the trip. There's $250 sitting on my credit card that isn't my money. The producer of the film I worked on owes it to me - but the film ran out of money. He's promised to reimburse anyone he owes - he just can't guarantee when. This sucks.

So now here I am, helpless and losing patience. I need work, and I sure as poetic justice want to pay off my credit card bill entirely. The interest rates are horrible, I've never been unable to pay off the entire bill by the due date (most times I purposefully overpay to give myself a damper), and it's not my money anyway. Take my advice everyone - if you're driving someone else's car in another state and it gets a flat tire, you're better off parking it on the side of the freeway and waiting six hours for that "someone else" to pay to have the tire fixed than to use your credit card and hope to get reimbursed. Granted, you'll lose six hours of valuable time, but three weeks later you won't be in front of your computer writing a blog with every paragraph ending with "This sucks."

0 comments: