Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Red letter day

Thanks to everyone who has been praying for me for the past month. God is good. Four days after my interview at JDC in Anaheim, I got a call from James Durbin, the owner, asking me when I can start! A week from today, I'll be showing up to my awesome "huge foot-in-the-door" job, with benefits (paid time off, 401k, medical, dental, the works). We'll see where it goes from here! As of now, they are promising me a minimum of 25 hours a week, but considering my wages, I won't be making any less than I would have been if I kept working in Modesto. What's even better is I get to sleep in my room that I haven't slept in but kept paying rent for! Hehe.

Starbucks should be calling me any day now. I had an interview this last Saturday which went really well. I'm fairly certain I got that job as well - especially since they're opening a new store in the area. So, here we go again. It's all coming together rather quickly now. I'm starting to feel like my old self again, which is refreshing to say the least. Job hunting is the suck. Paying rent for your apartment while you work and sleep in another city doubly so.

I've got a week to get myself back in SoCal. Hopefully the place doesn't burn down before I show up. ;)

0 comments: