Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Picking up where I left off

Thunderous riots of insubordination
Cast a shadow on idealistic thoughts of revelation
And marks the troops had left are scattered all about the nation
But the bombs will always drop. Diplomacy can't stop this altercation

Jumping up and down the kids are starting a sensation
They said we won the time has come a night of jubilation
Kill the lights 'cause now our nights are meant for rest and relaxation
Soon yes very soon the final train will leave the station.

Some my readers may recognize the first four lines. I wrote them a while ago. Bored on the plane, I penned the next four during my flight home this last Sunday. I'm curious as to if I will be able to keep every ending rhyming with "-ation". Maybe I'll just write a chorus with its own unique structure and call it a song.

0 comments: