Sunday, April 29, 2007

Teh G4m3|2

Who says video games get you nowhere? I'm ten bucks richer at Best Buy's expense because I just won third place in a tournament last night. I know what you're thinking, "Gosh Chris, do you need any more resume fodder? You're so talented as it is!" Yes, yes. I shall astound my future employers with this little tidbit on my applicatoin. I'm going places, for sure. Best Buy, for example.

In other news, I've discovered the joys of Pandora.com. Pandora is to music what the Human Genome Project is to human genetics. By mapping out songs, genres, styles, and individual aspects of instrumentation and structure, Pandora takes one reccomendation from the user (either an artist or an individual song) and intuitively searches for different artists and songs who closely match every statistic of the user-given information. The end result is astounding. I'm talking about a free internet radio station that fine-tunes itself to your musical tastes. It's the perfect friend for the all-nighters that await me, studying for finals in just a couple weeks.

School is almost out. On May 23rd, I'll have my bags packed, my last final complete that afternoon, and my eyes set to what summer has in store for me. If all goes to plan, I'll be working at as tech-head at Thousand Pines summer camp in the San Bernadino mountain range here in SoCal. The pay, though slightly less than I'm accustomed to, is offset by the suppliment of free room and board. More money in my pocket and not to a renter is just dandy in my book.

Too many things are happening too quicky right now. My Palm is putting in some overtime as I'm scheduling all sorts of things, squeezing them into the next few weeks. LATE's fifth episode of Season Four is scheduled for taping this Thursday. We've got the site up to date, so if you haven't seen any of Season Four yet, I reccomend it! Gosh, when is the wrap party going to happen? Hmmm, well that's something you don't have to worry about. Especially since this isn't the worst of my worries. Right now, priority one is food. I'm starving. It's almost four in the afternoon and I haven't had anything to eat all day! Gaaaaa! Lunch time.

0 comments: