Sunday, June 10, 2007

More for the portfolio

Last night I was pretty out of it. I've had this head cold - congestion combination that's been keeping me hopped up on meds for the past few days. Since I couldn't fall asleep last night, I decided to write lyrics that attempted to mimic the guy from the B-52's. I woke up and saw the sheet of paper at the foot of my bed. Honestly, I have no clue what I was writing about, but reading it made me laugh.

They say the sun sets on the man who frowns
And the kids are gonna frown if you don't let them get down
So to keep down the frowning you must condone the downing
And turn up the volume to maximize the sound

This is the beat, the sound designed to turn that frown upside down
We are the kings, the crowns, the instigators of loud
We are singing in the streets, waking up the town
Until the pigs come around and tell us to stop getting down

Tomorrow voices in the air, the beat from underground
Is getting out to everywhere calling everyone around
To turn their frown upside down and to begin the downing
Turn the volume up to loud and feel the rhythm pounding

0 comments: