Sunday, June 10, 2007

Movie Time!

Sick and stuck on the couch yesterday, I went on a movie spree. My roomamte, Nate, has a great collection of movies I've been meaning to see. That said, I waltzed over to our beautiful 42" DLP HDTV with three movies in hand.

Movie #1: Fight Club
How could I have never seen Fight Club before!? It came out when I was in sixth/seventh grade - that's probably why. This movie is definitely not for kids, but what an awesome movie. Brad Pitt is just plain cool in this flick, and the cinematography is definitely getting an honorable mention in my book. Good stuff, definitely a Saturday night movie.

Movie #2: Signs
M. Night Shyamalan has never let me down. Ever since Lady in the Water, I was hooked to his work. Though Lady in the Water was the first M. Night movie I saw, I've been trying my best to play catch up. Unbreakable came next, then The Sixth Sense. Next on my list is The Village. That will cover all his most popular movies - then on to Wide Awake and Playing with Anger. M. Night's monster in Signs was a bit on the corny side. Definitely not I.L.M.'s best work, so I partially blame Mr. Lucas because of that.

Movie #3: The Fifth Element
Wow. Just....wow. What an awesome movie. Hehe, I chuckled to myself at the end, not because it was funny, but because it was just plain perfect. Granted, the visual effects during the flying car shots in New York City weren't nearly as believable as the computer gererated work that can be accomplished with today's technology, The Fifth Element aims to please, hitting its mark squarely. I'm sure those of you who have seen the movie can agree: The opera scene - gorgeous, absolutely stunning.

So there's your look at my Saturday. I realize I have much more catching up to do every time I look at Nate's collection. I'm coming home next weekend for Father's Day (and to sell my car) so I doubt I'll have time to watch anything then. One thing I am hoping to do though, is to kidnap my best friend Matt for the next week!